Friday, September 11, 2020
We know there is a lot of information to read and digest regarding protocols for Covid 19. We have posted all of this information on our website. Here is a brief summary that may help you with your initial questions.
- Please remember every day to take the self-assessment test. self-assessment
- If your child has had a COVID-19 test because of symptoms, but has tested negative, your child may return to school when they have been free of symptoms for at least 24 hours.
- If your child is sick with something other than COVID-19, as diagnosed by a health care provider, your child may return to school when they have been free of symptoms for at least 24 hours.
- COVID-19 symptoms can be mild and resemble other illnesses; the only way to know if the symptoms are, being caused by COVID-19 is to be tested.
- If a sick student or staff member believes their symptoms are due to other health reasons, they should see a health care provider as soon as possible.
- If a sick student or staff member chooses not to be tested, they cannot go to childcare or school and have to self-isolate for up to 14 days from the start of their symptoms, unless they receive a clear alternative diagnosis from a health care provider.
- Household members of ill individuals who have not been tested will need to self-monitor for 14 days. These household contacts of the sick individual can continue to come to school, as long as they have not developed symptoms themselves.